Tuesday, August 16, 2011

party central




Dress: Target
Shoes: Cole Haan

The dress that started it all - I wore this dress on my first post ever!


I suck. I know. Believe me, it's not that I don't WANT to blog .... I've just been SO busy!


Between planning a surprise 50th birthday party for my mom, going to Vegas for a work event, becoming an official freelance marketer, loosing the ONLY key to my car (100 miles away from home), AND John being out of town for a week - I've been just a little preoccupied :)


ANYWAY:
1. My mom's surprise party was GREAT! Even though I plan events for my job everyday, It was so much fun to actually plan something start to finish that were all my own ideas! And no, my mom wasn't surprised!


I themed the entire party using inspiration from my mom's favorite flowers: Daisies :)


Mason jars, un-popped popcorn, tea light candles and daisies!

Hanging baby food jars and handmade chalkboards 

Fresh lemons in my flower arrangements :)

The doorstep decor

I folded 50 paper cranes!

My faithful party slave! aka Ellie who helped me set up the party 
while my mom was "sleeping"


If anyone needs a party planned - I'm your girl!

2. This past weekend I went to Vegas to read The Help (best book ever!) ....and host a cocktail reception :) 



3. On Sunday I was offered my first official PAID freelance job! For what you may ask? To develop a marketing plan for a new food truck opening in New Orleans! SO EXCITED!


4. Yup, my sister lost (the ONLY) key to my car. In St. Augustine. A week ago. Needless to say my mom and I have been on the phone for days working with my insurance company, the Jeep dealership, a locksmith, and a tow truck company to try and get this problem resolved. And I am happy to report that as of 5:07pm today I have a new key to my car!


5. John joined his brother and extended family for a week long vacation in the Florida Keys to do some open season lobstering and fishing. 2 lobsters and 39 red snappers later - I STILL have yet to see any of that yumminess. WTF!


And there you have it. The official Maggie update :)

1 comment:

  1. Maggie that party for your mom looks beautiful! Did you get some of those ideas from Pinterest by any chance?! Also, you can definitely plan a party for me some day! :)

    ReplyDelete