Tuesday, August 23, 2011

t-t-tuesday



Well hello everyone!
It's Tuesday which means:
1. It's been a week since I last blogged and the guilt of not explaining my every move to each of you has taken over.
2. Teen Mom is on (highlight)


Other than those 2 things I'm not quite sure what else a regular old Tuesday could remembered for ... UNLESS it's Tuesday, August 23rd, in which case you have A LOT to remember about this particular Tuesday:
1. *I had my first "surgery"
2. There was an earthquake(s?) on the east coast


*For the past 4-5 months I have been nauseous and throwing up in the mornings. After about 7 pregnancy tests, a terrified boyfriend, a million and a half webMD diagnosis, and later than normal arrival times to work (I bet you didn't think I could be ANY later now did you?) I had had enough. I needed to call in the professionals.


So last week I met with a GI doctor hoping he could cure me. no such luck.
Instead of handing me a prescription with a magical remedy - he handed me a form telling me I needed to schedule an endoscopy: Upper GI endoscopy is a procedure that uses a lighted, flexible endoscope to see inside the upper GI tract. The upper GI tract includes the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum—the first part of the small intestine.


Today was the day. Let me start off by saying that needles and I don't exactly have the best relationship. It's really unfortunate that they have to be the vessel between me and the drugs, because I'm pretty sure if I had my choice I would rather bite a bullet and do without the needle altogether. Apparently the bullet biting was not an option. 


Somewhere between the IV, the blacking out, the wet wash cloth, the anesthesia, and waking up telling the male nurse about how I have a friend that is "his type" that he should date - John came in, rescued me from humiliation - helped me put my clothes on and took me to get something to eat. 


On the bright side - if they cant figure out whats wrong with me - I may have scored Ellie a date!


Oh ya, and according to every status update on Facebook we had some earthquakes .... and a hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment