Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sock Bun Tutorial

I'm hereby announcing my candidacy to become president of the Sock Bun Fan Club! 

Enjoy my campaign video (aka: Sock Bun Tutorial) 




Sock Bun Necessities:
  • A super tight ponytail holder (I find that the ones they make for runners with the rubber lining work best)
  • Bobby pins matching your hair color
  • A sock that you hate / will never use again (the size depends on the amount of hair you have. To put in it perspective, I use a pretty thick hiking sock, but my sister with thinner / shorter hair can get away with using an ankle sock)
  • Teasing comb
  • Minimal hold hairspray (my favorite is Aveda's Air Control)

And just in case you happen to be voting in the sock bun presidential election, I'm running on the following platforms:

No Showering = No problem: The longer you go without showering (your hair), the better your sock bun looks. 

Big Hair? Don't Care: The frizzier the better! It's a proven fact that the bigger and frizzier your hair is the better your sock bun will turn out AND hold up throughout the day.  

Hair Spray is King Queen: Since I've changed my stance on dry shampoo (I no longer use it), I have focused all my aerosol attentions to minimal hold hairspray. Spray before teasing your roots for maximum volume

Save the Environment: Go green and lower your electric bill by never using a blowdryer or straightner again! Sock Buns for everyone!
My very first sock bun.

3 comments:

  1. Maggie you are so cute!! My hair is WAY too short with too many layers to even make a sock bun but as soon as I can, I'm joining your club! :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not sure I have enough hair for this either, but I am interested in trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister has pretty short/thin hair and she uses a very thin ankle sock, just small enough to make a "doughnut" type shape. Let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete