Monday, October 15, 2012

Update 1

Well since I legit couldn't even remember my Blogger password being as the last time I blogged was about a million years ago (give or take a few years), I find it only logical for me to update my 10 fearless followers on my current life situation-ness:

Update #1: We moved. Yup, we Jefferson-styled it and moved on up to the east west side aka: out of the hood. Having been screwed over by multiple landlords in our (never ending) journey as tenants, we had a VERY long list of criteria that our new house had to comply with:
  • No rats 
  • Nowhere near the hood
  • NO carpet
  • Hardwood floors OR tile
  • More than one bathroom
  • 2(+) Bedrooms
  • Fenced in backyard
  • Lawn service
  • No nosy landlords that go through my garbage and call my parents when they find more than one empty bottles of wine 
  • Safe enough to walk Rem-Rod by myself
  • Central AC
  • No gated communities / neighborhood associations 
  • Above average water pressure
  • Cement block
As you can imagine, not only was our search comparable to finding a needle in a haystack, there was an added layer of difficulty just trying to find a landlord willing to put up with our insane interrogations! In the end, our persistence paid off - we made a few compromises ie: white tile in the kitchen ... seriously, WHO puts white tile ANYWHERE .... as a result I now own a mop and John uses it often :) We didn't get 2 FULL bathrooms, but we got 1.5, but the shower in the full bath is made for a handicap person and is HUGE (total bonus)! BUT the best part of all is if enormous fenced-in backyard that Remy dutifully sniffs every inch of each morning, that John grills in (almost) every night, and that we host our infamous bonfire parties in every Saturday. 

Overall, we couldn't be happier with our new crib! 

Our handi-capabile home! 
Go ahead, bring your wheelchair, we gotcha covered!

Move in day / aka: John's least favorite day of the year

Remy graduated from the crate and is now a whole-house puppy! 
In celebration of his new freedom, GG (Grama Gail) got him a new dog bed! 

Master bedroom 
(lets all take a moment and notice the one and only shelf John has hung since we moved in)

The kitchen ... sans dishwasher. 
Coincidently John is training for the Dishwashing Olympics, he's getting lots of training.

View from the back door

A house full during our Cino-De-Derby party

The backyard in all its glory!

Remy REALLY loves his new digs! 


Check back tomorrow (or in ten years) for update #2 :)



 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you updated! I've been missing your posts...I hope you don't stop here. Congrats on the new house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're back! I actually checked not too long ago to make sure I hadn't missed anything, and was sad when I didn't actually. And your new house looks so cute and nice! I'm jealous... but congratulations!

    ReplyDelete