Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nicole: Hands--Up!

Hi Friends! 

I'm out of town this week (in Key West .. be jealous). In my absence I have lined up some FANTASTIC guest bloggers for you to become obsessed with:)

Meet my friend...drum roll please.....Nicole from Hands Up!

Good morning Hook and Sylit readers, I'm Nicole.  I met Maggie a few years ago while doing Young Life in St. Augustine. I'm so excited to guest blog for her while she's out but I have to say, it's a little nerve-wracking, writing in place of another person. You have no idea who your audience is. Everyday for the past week or so I've thought, "Is today the today? Is this the outfit I am going to showcase myself in for all of her world to see?" I think I was so uninspired mainly because I'm a sign language interpreter and so I wear a lot of black (nothing against black, I love it, it's just not very interesting for a blog.)

For all of you non-Floridians out there, more specifically, Pensacolians, the past few days have been very un-May like. The weather has been cool! I woke up this morning to a brisk house, and not just because I turned the ac down super low last night so my hot blooded 6'3" husband wouldn't complain about not being able to sleep. I actually put a sweater on. And then it hit me. Who says you can't look cute or like what you're wearing when you first wake up?! So here it is, the big reveal! 

Move! That! Bus! 





So I had to be creative on how to get the entire outfit in the shot because I don't have a full length mirror and I'm currently home alone so I had to use some good ol' photoshop. (I apologize for the graininess.)

Cardigan: Target
Tanks: H&M
Skirt: Thrift store in Iowa
Slippers: Minnetonka Sheep Skin (probably purchased from Amazon.com)

The pictures actually make it look a lot more matchy than it actually is. The cardigan is more teal and the blue in the skirt is dark navy with orange and then I have on a black & white striped tank with a solid black tank over that. I feel like a kid who took pride in dressing herself without Mom's supervision. 

Of course I'm not going to wear this to work but it's kind of fun feeling whimsy while drinking your morning coffee and watching some Rachael Ray. I'll probably wear something more like this. 


This was my runner up choice outfit. I decided to throw it in there for kicks. 

Sweater: New York & Company
Blouse: American Eagle
Pants: The Limited
Shoes: Wet Seal

Thanks everyone for reading! And thanks Maggie for inviting me! This was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment