Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm back!






Dress: Target
Shoes: Tory Burch


I'm back and better than ever!
I hope you loved meeting my guest bloggers as much as I love reading their posts everyday! I cannot thank them enough for helping me out and keeping your reading attention while I was on my 10 day computer hiatus. 


Basically I have come to the conclusion that weekends are just wayy to short and to really be re-energized 10 days of vacation is required. you hear that job? T-E-N days!


ANYWAY.... Key-West was perfect, we couldn't have asked for better weather :) I wish I had some long lengthy, exciting explanation of how I spent my vacation days, possibly including visits to museums, meeting pirates, visiting a topless beach, discovering a lost shipwreck .. but in order for me to have done ANY of those things, I would have had to quit my lazy, day-drinking, sun bathing ... and well, that was just NOT going to be happening. There are few things in life I love more than sitting on the beach, beer in hand, friends on either side of me, reggae music, stacks of magazines, and no obligations. I really don't think there is anything better. really. 


In honor of vacation I also chose to only wear clothing that didn't require a (real) bra, that could easily go from wet to dry, and that wouldn't hurt a potential sun burn ... basically the bigger/flowier the better. I managed to stick to my vacation-wear commandments through the entirety of my vacation. 



This year I have decided to make myself a lot more comfortable (less self conscious) at the beach/pool and jump onto the one-piece bathing suit band wagon. Basically, I'm obsessed. Over the past few weeks in preparation for my trip I was able to find some really great suits!


Ann Taylor Loft:



Jcrew Long-Torso Suits:





Sorry I'm not able to better explain my trip - I am in the middle of baking carrot cake cupcakes (from scratch, thank you Barefoot Contessa) for a co-workers birthday tomorrow and the timer is beeping! 


BUT .. until then, please enjoy some of my vacation pics!











1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing this summer and bought a one piece and absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete