Tuesday, June 7, 2011

domesticated.

Spoiler Alert: There are no outfit pictures in this post. I repeat: There are NO outfit pictures in this post!


It's not that I didn't have every intention of coming home from work and taking outfit pictures and then posting them up on this here blog for all you to admire. It's just that today's outfit wasn't really all that special. It's like I'm going through some sort of "Style Blank" right now ...  and well I have been for the past few weeks. As much as I love lounging around in bathing suits and cover ups all summer is as much as I hate "dressing up" to go to work in the summer. Can't someone just make a law stating that during the summer bathing suits, strapless dresses and flip flops are office approved? I mean I live in Orlando aka the armpit of Florida ... between the 700% humidity, the constant thunderstorm warnings, and the 100 degree temperatures COMBINED with my HIKE to work every morning - I look like a HOT MESS by the time I get myself into the office. 


Long story short: I have very few office "ok" outfits that are suitable for the harsh Florida summer conditions. And well ... you've already seen them all. multiple times.


So, rather than bore you with my frizzy hair and workout/work clothes I figured it would be more fun for you to see how domesticated I've become over the past few days (this is normally how domestication happens for me: in spurts. I better tell John to enjoy it while it lasts because it will be take out and pizza after that).

This weekend John was "laid up" with the 24 hour stomach bug. 
Side note: I hate taking care of sick people - more specifically boys. I would LOVE to let them experience one month of the torture girls go through and see if they're left standing in the end. PATHETIC. 


ANYWAY - over the past week I have made:


I have also bought the ingredients to make:
I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out!

Also, I should probably NOT be showing you this .. but remember when I was throwing my 23 Year Old Temper Tantrum over having to move offices, well now I have to move again. back to pre-school. I will obviously be requesting a Barbie car to drive myself to work in and snack time at 10 and 2 (graham crackers and Welches grape juice please). Oh, and nap time at noon. If I'm not mistaken, my 6 year old cousin has a "desk" similar to this ... and she is still accepting money from the tooth fairy. 



WTF.


PS: I shaved Remy. pathetic.




No comments:

Post a Comment