Thursday, June 2, 2011

miracles DO happen

As soon as I walked into work I decided I hated my wardrobe choice. too short. too clingy. too green. 
Then a miracle happend. Halie, my friend from college, texted me and asked if she could still send me her "guest blog" post even though I was back from vacation....

2 words: YES. PLEASE.

So without further ado .. please meet Halie from Penguins, Pasta and Polka Dots

 
Hello Hook & Stylit Readers!
 
This is my first attempt at any sort of a "fashion blog," and to be honest, I'm a little nervous about it! I wouldn't necessarily consider myself fashionable, however I do think I at least have an eye for a cute-ish wardrobe!
 



Dress: Target
Sandals: Target (not pictured)

This is my favorite dress right now. I got it about two months ago as a pat-on-the-back sort of purchase for myself after losing over 30 pounds! I decided it was my Easter dress because of the bright yellow color, and all the cute tiny flowers. Since Easter, I've worn it probably five or six times already, and that was just a month and a half ago! So, clearly, I'm getting my money's worth out of it!
 
I love this dress because it is so dang comfortable. (I like being able to wear sleeveless, without having to always wear a strapless bra. I mean come on - those are just not always the best idea for us girls with a larger chest. Am I right people?!) But with this dress, no strapless bra necessary. Also, it's super breezy and cool, which is key for the steaming summer weather here in my beloved state of Florida.
 
My favorite part of the dress? The ruffle around the neck line. It's so flowy and bouncy, and it just feels like spring-time-in-a-fabric. It just makes me feel super girly and pretty and I love it :)
 
Oh, and I didn't get my sandals in the picture, but I always wear my flat sandals I recently got as well. They're the "Emeline Braided Flat" in Pewter from Target. I'm a little obsessed with these sandals, and wear them with virtually everything. In fact, I love them so much, I'm also going to get some in black as well!
 
Thanks everyone for reading my version of a blog post about fashion! And Welcome Back Maggie - I'm sure your readers are glad they don't have to read any more of my ramblings :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment