Tuesday, June 21, 2011

goin' bare (escentuals)



Dress: Marshalls
Sweater: Target
Shoes: Nine West (via Piperlime)

Thanks to a little stomach bug and that had me paralyzed between the hours of 1-7am last night - todays outfit didn't stand a chance. There wasn't enough coffee in the office / world that was going to wake me up this morning. So I didn't. 

I did the responsible thing and had John (the next best thing to my mom) write an email (subject line: I'm Not Pregnant) to my boss and explain the situation - properly getting me out of work until noon. And lets just be honest - it wouldn't be normal for me to show up on time, so for the sake of my reputation and tradition - I strolled in right around 12:25 - right on time.

Today was also the first day of my new make-up routine. Due to the close proximity of Ulta to my office and the greasiness Orlando is causing my skin  - I've decided to experiment with Bare Escentuals. Yesterday I went to Ulta and bought the "starter kit" complete with brushes, foundation, mineral vail, and bronzer. I've been a religious MAC make-up user for 8 years ... I have extremely red(ish) skin and always opt for extreme coverage makeup. I'm a little weary about going from a liquid to a powder - and I worry that a powder wont cover up the redness of my skin or last all day ... I guess only time will tell :) 

Does anyone have any experience with Bare Escentuals or suggestions on how to deal with oily skin suggestions? 

Favor: Please don't judge me on today's wardrobe choice!! For anyone new reading this blog -  I swear the lack of creativity and "rough" look are not normal. If all goes according to plan - I should be back to my normal self tomorrow. my fingers are crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I think you look adorable here! You gotta rock it everyday, even when you don't feel like it. Others will notice :)

    ReplyDelete