Friday, April 8, 2011

excessive duplication

Yes people. I am OBSESSED with this shirt. 
A few weeks ago I was told by someone that they love to read my blog, but squeezed in the fact that my outfits all kind of look the same. 

great ... someone actually verbalized my biggest fear. I have been found out. i DO wear the same stuff all.the.time. 

But why switch things up when you know they work? Is there really a problem with repeating outfits?

I try to wear a variety of styles, my closet practically throws up on me every morning, begging me to pull stuff out of the archives and give it a go... but it all comes down to the basic facts that I am a curvy girl that tries very hard to excentuate the small, minimize the large and find a happy (diverse) medium between the two. it's a challenge.

But believe me when I say that I completely understand that I am not the only girl that experiences body insecurities. Growing up in a house with all sisters and my mom (my dad was there too, but lets face it, he was out numbered from the start) body issues were just as normal a conversation as who got voted off Dancing With The Stars. Let me just put it out there: my sisters and I could not look less alike if we tired. People always wanted to know why we didn't fit the normal sister "look-alike" profile. Fortunately because of these experiences and growing up with my "non-look-alike" sisters, I learned from an early age that just because we may think that someone has a desirable body-type doesn't mean that they feel the same way about themselves. 

Long story short (well i guess it's already long..sorry) body image has been a huge struggle for me throughout my life. Finding clothing that not only fits me, but that I feel comfortable, and pretty in is always a challenge. So when I succeed, I duplicate. Maybe in excess. I apologize.

With (all) that said, todays outfit is a perfect example of excessive duplication. eh. I love it anyway.



My sisters and I on my graduation day


Oh.. and John sent Friday Flowers to my work today ;)



Shirt: Gap
Jeans: Gap
Belt: Target
Shoes: Cole Haan

No comments:

Post a Comment