Wednesday, April 27, 2011

i love k _ _ _ _ ?



Shirt: Gap
Tank: Target
Pants: Gap
Shoes: Nine West


I bought this shirt a few weeks ago at the Gap when all their tops were 50% off AND I had a $20 dollar off Gap rewards card. Basically, the Gap got robbed that day. I was able to walk out with this $50 shirt for a cool $6 bucks. bring it on Gap.


A very weird thing happened today. I think some would even consider what happened a revelation of sorts. An epiphany might be pushing the envelope a little much, but none the less I came to a realization.


Kmart is cool. It dawned on me as I was roaming the aisles looking for a slip (finally) .... that I could actually see myself wearing some of the clothing in their womens and juniors sections. Yes, I did ask myself if my one glass of wine had somehow gotten my drunk, if my cheapness had reached an all new low, and if maybe I had walked into the wrong store? 
Answers: No, maybe, and no.
I was very surprised to see magazine worthy maxi dresses, Jcrew(ish) looking bathing suits, super cute bathing suit cover-ups, and more importantly .... CHEAP slips!
Once you get over the fact that you are shopping in Kmart - there is an endless world of clothing possibilities. 


Who knows what's next... Wal Mart? Crazier things have happened.

Here's a few of my Kmart favorites - eat your heart out Anthropologie. you've got some stiff competition.


(You can weigh in and rate these kmart gems over at Outfitchec.com)





2 comments:

  1. I might have to go get that long colorful print dress. Thanks for sharing! And I promise I won't tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they have even BETTER long an colorful ones that I wasn't able to find online .. i swear i didn't find ANYTHING more than $21 bucks. AHH-MAZ-ING!

    ReplyDelete