Tuesday, April 19, 2011

nautical, notary nights



Shoes: Nine West


While it may not be raining today, it is April in Florida and soon enough the rain (more like hurricanes) will be gracing us with their presence ... everyday. I've referenced my need for non-offensive (no-print) rain boots in a previous post and well my friends they are still needed. Apparently my red-crocs are stunting my fashion growth, my style reputation, and ruin even the cutest of outfits. 


This little blogging fashionista has found the missing piece to my rain wardrobe puzzle .. thank you Kelsey (check out her blog, Snappy Casual:). 






I am obsessed with her yellow rain boots and will be begging the Easter bunny to cram these tall wellies into my 23 year old Easter basket (yes, my Mom still uses our ORIGINAL) and then hide it in Seattle where I can get lots and lots of use out of these footwear gems. 


On the subject of being nautical, I leave tomorrow morning for a work event in Los Angeles. In an effort to not look stuffy, old, boring, old, over-dressed and old, I have found the cutest of all dresses (in a 2 block radius of my house) and will be wearing this darling little number to the event. I am excited to not be wearing a suit, to be comfortable, and looking a bit more my age in a room full of older people (not including our work intern - who is only one year younger than me). I'm obsessed with these nude pumps. I would like to return to their Nine-West mother ship and adopt a few more pairs in anticipation of my current shoes one day becoming unwearable.


AND ... I got another spray tan today. I technically should have gotten a month of free tanning as my winning from a previous bet I had with John (yes, our relationship is FULL of bets, rock-paper-scissors, hot/cold, and bribery. it's super healthy). John bet that if I submitted his resume online for a new job and he got it that he would buy me a month of unlimited spray tanning (which would result with me looking like Snooki). Needless to say I learned my lesson and will be adding notarized contracts to our bet making, since apparently I did not preface by saying that he had to get the job and then TAKE the job for me to win. 


Does anyone know a good notary?



3 comments:

  1. Hahah that's hilarious! Those boots are awesome! I finally gave up my multi-colored striped rain boots and am now in need of some plain ones as well...maybe red?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is fantastic! And I so hope you get the yellow boots!!!

    Thanks for being such a sweetheart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole - Red boots would be awesome, not to mention, perfectly fashion acceptable!

    let me know what you find!

    ReplyDelete