Wednesday, April 13, 2011

vodka to the maxi






Dress: Target
Shoes: Target

Just for your information, if you would like to noticed / have a billion people comment on your outfit, wear a maxi dress OR wear "taxi-cab yellow".  I can't put my finger on what exactly makes this (long) number a crowd pleaser but I think it has something to do with the fact that its' not your normal, run of the mill, office attire. which in my book, is a good thing.


I mean, what exactly are you supposed to wear when you meet your new boss? I'm pretty sure something would catch fire if someone were to wear a suit anywhere within 50 feet of our building, a bathing suit was out of the question (the AC is on the fritz) and my full length sequined one-sie didn't seem to convey the "I'm young, professional, laid back, kinda serious" look I was trying to pull off. 

Next best thing: the maxi dress. The same maxi dress I slept in, spilled vodka-soda and ice cream on, and may or may not have worn for 3 consecutive days on a wild Bahamian adventure 2 years ago. ahh...those were  the days of waitress money, day drinking and tropical vacations. It's totally depressing to think that the time of my life consisted of pouring sweet tea, cheap beer, and a uniform - but the money was SO good.

Sorry maxi dress - My closet is now your retirement home, filled with good memories and more importantly all my other fun-time clothes that have just as many stories as you. all involving vodka.


I just wanted to show you the stupid stuff i get to wake up to. daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment