Monday, March 21, 2011

2 words: denim tunic

Two words people: Denim Tunic


Over the years I have developed a healthy fear of wearing anything that's denim that it not worn as pants. 


It was a fateful day in the 7th grade cafeteria that I was first introduced to the word JORTS. 


Jeans + Shorts = Jorts
Jorts = Not Cool


I rode the bus home that afternoon, spouting the only 2 curse words I knew, marched through the front door to my house, and promptly disposed of all jorts. 


A year later my perfect little denim world was rocked AGAIN when I learned of ETMD. 


ETMD = Entirely Too Much Denim (ETMD Example)


I don't think I ever wore a jean jack again. Nor have a worn one since. I live in fear of ETMD, complete with nightmares, cold sweats, anxiety, and therapy. Shock therapy.


My mom bought me denim tunic months ago (she never takes my fears seriously. It took 6 rides home from school early from 3rd grade for her to believe that I am for-real scared loose teeth) I took it hoping I would run into the Will Smith circa Men in Black and he could jedi-mind-erase me into forgetting that I've ever been scared of denim. No such luck.


No Will Smith needed - Turns out all I needed to do to get this frightening frock on my body was to make sure I had no other clean clothes to choose from, make sure my dryer was sufficiently broken, and wake up too late to try and talk myself out of it. 
Ta-da!


Today is also the day - you get to meet my curly hair! Another one of those things that can happen when you don't have time to talk yourself out it!










Pants: Gap
Belt: Target
Shoes: Nine West

Check out these non-denim fearing women that definitely know how to wear it right! Linley, Jessica Quirk, Allie, Kendi 

No comments:

Post a Comment