Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mr. Haan

The Lent verdict is in. I've decided to give up .... drum roll please.... NOTHING. John basically said no to all my ideas, claiming Jesus wouldn't want me to give up paying bills, going to work, or making my bed. I'm pretty sure when he said Jesus he was referring to himself as he visualized ahead to a potentially downgraded quality of life if I were to give up any of my listed items. If you ask me, someone (John) should probably consider giving up being selfish for Lent. Jus sayin.


Story about my shoes:
A few months ago I prayed to the shoe gods kindly requesting comfortable/cute/affordable shoes. A few weeks later my prayers were answered in the form of gold Cole Haan (Nike Air)flats. My life changed the moment I walked into heaven, aka Cole Haan Outlet's President's day 80% off sale. I'm a true believer that all things happen for a reason and me being introduced to CH that fateful evening is no different. I knew we were meant to be the moment I slipped by size 8.5 feet into CH's Nike Air Gold flats.It was like life came full circle, I could see see clearly,and the rain was gone. Shoes can be comfortable.


Words cannot begin to express my gratitude, but thank you shoe gods for never forgetting about my little feet and for guiding them through shoe hell right into the arms of my shoe sole mate; Cole.


Today's outfit can be described in one word: Functional. It would be a total lie if I described it as anything different. 







Oh yea - and I got a haircut/color today. Don't worry Mom, the gothic look will fade in 2-4 weeks.


Shirt: Old Navy
Tank: Target
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: Cole Haan
Earrings: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment