Wednesday, March 30, 2011

dear Al Roker,

Dear Al (Roker) 
I'm pissed.
You said it was going to rain. RAIN. No where in your little "forecast" did you mention that it was going to friggin HURRICANE! Today between the hours of 3-5pm (est) there was a full blown mini Katrina going on outside my office. It was a little windy, a little drizzly, a little nasty outside and then .... BAM the skies opened up, the power went out, and in an instant my 9-5pm work day magically became a 9:22 - 4:16pm workday. 


Thank you weather gods. (not Al Roker)


Sincerely,
Weather Channel Fan


My Wednesday afternoon vacation was fantastic. I threw myself a mini hurricane party on the porch with the dogs. Drank the one remaining beer in the fridge (I had to do my part to use up what was in the fridge, just in case it took forever to get our power back), lit every candle in the house, and did my best to think of all the amazing things I could do if magically the power was still off at work tomorrow. It was exactly 3 seconds after I had planned my perfect day that I received an email (via blackberry) saying that power in the office had been restored. dangit.


Hood Lesson #2: (Preparing for a storm)
1. Do nothing. Make sure to leave all dumpsters, lawn decor, and children outside.
2. Go to Dunkin Donuts. Stock up on donuts like you're never going to eat them again.
3. Leave aforementioned dumpsters and lawn decor tipped over in the middle of the road where the wind blew them.


Needless to say with excessive amounts of rain, wind, no electricity and tree limbs in my front yard I did not have a chance to take outfit pictures, which I regret because my totally cute outfit was WASTED on mini-hurricane Katrina.


I did however take pictures of my "hood" puppies watching the storm on the porch and a picture of my living room with all the candles lit.. but the flash kinda ruined the effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment