Wednesday, March 23, 2011

hood lesson #1

Similar to my weekend staples (WS) collection, I also have a special sales meeting (SM) collection. It's an entire collection of boring, work-ish, boring, dressy, boring, uncomfortable clothing. In other words it sucks.


After careful evaluation this afternoon, well basically after I took my outfit pictures, I've come to the conclusion that my SM collection sucks. 


tomorrow my friends, i'm stickin' it to the man and wearing jeans. thats right, JEANS!


I'm not saying that today's outfit is all that bad, but I know what the rest of the collection consists of, and well - it aint pretty.


Today the lady across the streets house was broken into. they took everything. Don't get me wrong - that SUCKS and I would never want anything like that to happen to me .. but it made me think, how come they chose her house? Was mine too hood looking for robbery? Does it not look like I have anything bling bling - nice inside? Does my 22 pound wheaten terrier's little yap sound intimidating? 


Hood Lesson #1:
Contrary to common practice, instead of keeping your yard cleaned up and your grass mowed. The more you blend in and the crappier you can keep the front of your house looking, the better off you are. 


John and I have decided to add a "beware of pit bull" sign to our front door and empty beer (cans) on the yard - just to keep up appearances.  I'm still on the fence about trading in my white barbie car jeep for a black chevy impala with rims and tinted windows - I'll keep you posted.









Pants: Gap
Shoes: Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment